Therapist On The Road
Major musical acts can find it helpful to have a licensed therapist on the road as an actual band member. Tour insurance underwriters, bond issuers and management teams also recognize this innovation. This can help reduce insurance premiums as well as contribute to the functioning of the band or artist/s themselves.
A non-disclosure agreement is standard practice, and both audience and crew alike are rarely aware of this special role. Bradley is an accomplished musician, skilled with electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, keyboards, bass, and vocals. A sizzle reel, discography, and gear/instrument list can be provided to serious inquiries. For you tonequesters, the images to the left provide a glimpse into Bradley's pursuit of sound.
The Get Happier Project
Ivan Honey, one of Australia's foremost psychologists, has created an astounding program that teaches children from all cultures how to manage their emotions and understand their choices - all while improving their reading skills.
Conference Speaker and
Community Mental Health Advocate
Bradley frequently presents at conferences and seminars around the world. This picture was taken in Tokyo after his keynote presentation on his research conducted within the California prison system.
Disaster Mental Health with the American Red Cross
Bradley in the "bullpen" at an emergency shelter opened by the American Red Cross to assist those impacted by Hurricane's Florence and Michael.
Changing Two Questions
A California Public Benefit Corporation
Propelling Socially-Just Research, Advocacy, and Policy in the 12 Dimensions of Public Mental Health
The Leo Clarus Foundation supports live musical performances to raise awareness and empower audiences of all ages to engage their world within the 12 Dimensions of Public Mental Health, as set forth by Dr. William Glasser, the author of Choice Theory and architect of Reality Therapy.
The 12 Dimensions of Public Mental Health:
Counseling and Therapy ˚ Quality School Education ˚ Addictions and Recovery ˚ Violence, Abuse, and Trauma ˚ Child Advocacy ˚ Ministry and Faith Traditions˚ Social Justice and Relationships ˚ Volunteerism and Giving ˚ Criminal Justice and Corrections ˚ Health and Wellness ˚ Business and Management˚ The Environment
Method: The Foundation focuses on changing two questions:
- “What can I get?” to “What can I give?
- “What is the meaning of life?” to “Where is the meaning of life?”
- Foci of the Method: By emphasizing just two questions, delivery of practical behavioral tools and interpersonal techniques begins to propel insight, improve relationships, and re-empower all people to create meaningful lives as they understand it, with a special emphasis on adolescents and emergent adults (15-28 years of age), by clarifying goals, expectations, and responsibilities for self and community.
The Leo Clarus Foundation is a Quality Organization recognized by the William Glasser Institute for Choice Theory.
- “Social Justice” is the developing and sustaining of conditions that permit all people equitable access to resources and environments that propel the fullest expression of human dignity and community prosperity.
- “Leo Clarus” is a Latin derivative intending “The Clear Lion.”
- As defined by Dr. William Glasser, “Quality” is never destructive to either individuals or to society, and quality always consists of Five Integrated Conditions:
- Quality is always a product of warm and caring human relationships.
- Quality is always useful in some way; for example:
- Personally, as in learning a desired skill or arriving upon a meaningful awareness
- Economically, as in W. Edwards Deming's work in Japan [Deming taught the Japanese after WWII how to create quality products most people could afford]
- Biologically, such as Pasteur's discovery of microorganisms
- Socially and Politically, as exemplified by the Constitution of the United States
- Intellectually, as evidenced by the works of great people such as Einstein or Shakespeare
- Quality is the best that everyone in an organization, working both separately and together, can achieve at any particular time.
- Quality can always be improved no matter how good it is at any particular time. A quality organization is always alert for ways to improve what it does and how it does it.
- Quality always feels good, and the greater the quality, the longer the good feeling lasts. (Following the second condition, it is never quality to abuse people, property, or ourselves)